Thursday, January 12, 2012

Friday the 13th

With the first Friday the 13th of the year less than an hour and a half a way, I thought I’d see what the day means to others.  What do you know of the history or reasons for the superstition about the day?  Do you have personal stories associated with those superstitions?  Is the day unlucky, just another day, or even lucky for you?

I’m not sure how much I buy into lucky days, but Friday the 13ths are certainly not unlucky for me.  I usually consider them a good omen day!


6 comments:

  1. I don't really know the reasons for the superstition of Friday the 13th. I heard it stems from the fear of both Fridays & the number 13. Although...neither Fridays or the number 13 have been unlucky for me. Personally I love Fridays! And...13 is just another number to me.

    The number 13 was my Father-in-Laws favorite number...he considered it his lucky number. He was a fighter pilot during WWII & his plane was number 13. He had very good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great comments. Thanks for sharing them. The #13 is considered unlucky - I believe it has to do with the deciples - 13 when you count Paul, and 13 at the last supper including Jesus. Fridays have been considered unlucky because that was the day Jesus was cruxified

      Delete
  2. I’m not very superstitions EXCEPT when it comes to playing hockey, I have certain why I get dressed, and a certain way I get on the ice, but when it comes to investigations I’m not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not really believe in this superstition. I won't get too much into it, but I will say I have been through a number of Friday the 13th's and none of them were in any way unlucky. Just as normal as any other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only time 13th means anything to me is January 13th and December 13th-My brother and sisters birthday !

    ReplyDelete